Those of us who already live here, in the Yosemite area and Mariposa, do so for a number of reasons. Some of us have had the pleasure of calling Mariposa "home" since birth, and others have only recently arrived. The natural beauty of the Yosemite area and the Sierra Nevada mountains, including the world-famous Yosemite National Park and the lower foothill areas are only a part of why we all have come to love Mariposa. Our slower pace of life and our ability to keep apart from some of the "big city" problems makes Mariposa County an ideal place to raise just about everything, from your family to your garden to your hopes. You will surely have your own reasons after a short while. Join us, we'd love to call you "neighbor"!
Mariposa is a diverse county, with individual and unique communities that each offer something special. Get to know our communities with a few clicks of your mouse. Our schools, attractions and even restaurants are all here. Get started right now.
- Profiles of the Towns and Communities.
- Links to Mariposa County Unified School District and individual public and private schools.
- With Approximately 20 local churches, you may find exactly what you are looking for.
- Hiking and camping, snow sports, water sports and more abound in Mariposa county.
- Mariposa's unique climate allows local vineyards to produce award-winning wines.